I use a list and lots of research to locate a good camp spot. My ideal spot will tick most of these boxes.
- Camp fires allowed
- Free or low cost camp site
- Location, location – waterfrontage
- National Parks Camp site list or post a question on Free Camping Australia’s Facebook page.
- Do a search on Flickr this will give you an idea of how the site looks.
- Word of mouth, chew the fat with other campers or ask a local at the Tourist Info Centre.
- Google Earth is great for finding that elusive spot.
- Follow other bloggers who are passionate about camping.
What do you think? What’s your experience. Do leave a comment.